Set in a Moorish citadel constructed on a Roman settlement, this
historic hotel is housed in an imposing castle which dates back to 1123,
and which was the residence of bishops and cardinals until the end of
the nineteenth century, offering authentic royal lodgings in a palace
which has preserved throne rooms and a 13th C. Romanesque chapel. It
features 81 rooms in total, spread over 3 floors. It is air-conditioned
and has a lobby with 24-hour reception, hotel safe, cloakroom, lift
access, bar, TV room, restaurant, a splendid dining room, conference
facilities, Internet and WLAN access, as well as room and laundry
services. Parking facilities are available to guests arriving by car.
The castle dominates the skyline from its location at the highest point
of the town, presiding over its historical and artistic heritage.
The castle can be reached easily from Madrid and Zaragoza along the
N-II. At km. 104 turn off onto the local road (20 km to Sigüenza).
Alternatively, at km. 119 turn off for the Valle de Pelegrina (12 km to
Sigüenza), or on the 136, take the turn off for Alcolea (18 km to